PADI Open Water Diver Course
The world's most popular scuba diving course
Scuba diving is an incredible adventure that allows you to explore the underwater world and experience things that few people have the opportunity to see. Here are some reasons why you should try scuba diving:
Discover a new world: Scuba diving allows you to explore a world that is entirely different from the one you know. You can observe marine life, coral reefs, shipwrecks, and underwater landscapes that are simply breathtaking.
Escape stress: When you're diving, you can forget about your daily worries and focus on the beauty of the underwater world. The sensation of weightlessness and the calming effect of the water can be incredibly relaxing.
Stay fit: Scuba diving is a great workout for your body. Swimming in the water requires a lot of effort, which helps to build strength and endurance. Additionally, scuba diving can help improve your cardiovascular health and increase your flexibility.
Make new friends: Scuba diving is a social activity, and you'll often meet like-minded people who share your passion for exploring the underwater world. Diving clubs and trips provide a great opportunity to make new friends and travel to new places.
Contribute to conservation: Scuba diving allows you to become an ambassador for the ocean and marine life. By learning about the underwater world, you can help spread awareness and contribute to conservation efforts.
Build confidence: Scuba diving requires training and practice, which can help you build confidence and overcome fears. Learning to control your breathing, navigate underwater, and handle unexpected situations can be empowering and boost your self-esteem.
Overall, scuba diving is an amazing activity that can bring a lot of joy, excitement, and fulfillment into your life. Whether you're an experienced diver or a beginner, there's always something new to discover and explore underwater.
Start your e-Learning NOW!
The PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) Open Water Diver course is the most popular scuba diving certification course in the world. It is designed to teach individuals how to become safe and competent recreational divers. The course covers diving theory, equipment, and practical skills needed to dive in open water. Here are some key points about the course:
- The course consists of three main components: knowledge development, confined water dives, and open water dives.
- Knowledge development can be done online, in a classroom, or through self-study. It covers the basic principles of scuba diving, such as physics, physiology, dive planning, and equipment.
- Confined water dives take place in a shallow, controlled environment such as a pool. This is where students learn and practice diving skills like breathing underwater, clearing water from their mask, and controlling their buoyancy.
- Open water dives are the final part of the course, where students put their skills to use in real-life diving scenarios. Depending on the course, students may complete four to six open water dives over two or more days.
- Upon completion of the course, students receive a PADI Open Water Diver certification, which allows them to dive to a depth of 18 meters (60 feet) with a dive buddy.
- The course is designed for anyone who is in good health and comfortable in the water. Most courses require a minimum age of 10 years old, but there are junior versions of the course available for younger children.
Overall, the PADI Open Water Diver course is a great way to start your scuba diving journey and gain the skills and knowledge needed to explore the underwater world safely and confidently.
The PADI Open Water Diver course with AQUASUB SCUBA DIVING CENTRE
Three Steps to Certification
- PADI eLearning: learn online at your own convenience and pace (must be completed within 12 months of starting)
- Pool dives: join AquaSub instructors and other divers-in-training for hands-on learning in the class and in the pool (2 days)
- Open Water Checkout Dives – complete 4 check-out dives to earn your PADI Open Water Diver certification (2 days) - choose to do them locally or with us in CUBA!
Once you complete all 3 steps you will earn the PADI Open Water Diver certification which is internationally recognized and will certify you to dive with a buddy to a maximum depth of 60'/18m.
What is included when you certify with Aquasub?
- PADI eLearning: Get started immediately on your laptop or tablet and learn at your own pace.
- Pool Training Sessions: 2 days of pool work to learn all the skills you will need for the open water.
- All Scuba Gear: All scuba equipment used during your pool training is included. We do recommend that divers have their own mask, snorkel and fins.
- Additional Pool Training INCLUDED: Periodically students require additional work in the pool to prepare for the open water - additional pool training sessions are available at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE - as many sessions as necessary to ensure you are ready to dive in the open water!
- FREE Refresher Classes: If your Open Water Checkouts are going to take place more than 30 days from your pool training, you can enroll in a refresher class before your checkouts ... for FREE.
- Open Water Checkout Dives: Complete your training with us and choose from a variety of locations like Tobermory, Georgian Bay, Cuba, The Bahamas, Lake Simcoe and more. Your instructor time is included in your course fee - regardless of where you choose to finish.
- Open Water Diver Certification card and Log Book: When you have completed your dives you will receive your c-card by mail and have your signed logbook as a record of your accomplishment!
Complete Course Price: $598 + tax
Individual Component Prices:
- Complete Certification Package (All THREE steps) : $598
- Referral Package (Steps ONE and TWO only): $498
- eLearning ONLY (Step ONE): $244
- Pool Training ONLY (Step TWO): $299
- Checkout Dives ONLY (Step THREE): $299
Group Package Prices
Buddy Special: $999
Enroll together with your buddy and save $197 on your class.
Private Course / Group Package: $1899
Want your own private class? For a fixed price of $1899, a group of one to four divers can get certified as a private group.
Cuba Libre Training Special ! : 2 FOR 1
Sign up to complete your Open Water Diver course on any of our Cuba Dive Trips and get your Advanced Open Water Diver Course at no additional charge. That is a savings of $552! OR Bring a Buddy to certify with you and pay for ONE Open Water or Advanced Open Water Diver Course and get the second for FREE. Call us at 905-883-3483 for more information or to book your trip and training today!
The important details...