Learn to GO with the FLOW
The PADI Drift Diver Course with AQUASUB SCUBA DIVING CENTRE
Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating. The course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along.
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along. It feels like flying - except that you're underwater using scuba equipment. Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time. If this sound like fun, then the Drift Diver course is for you. If you're a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the Drift Diver specialty course.
What you will learn
Along with drift diving techniques and procedures, you'll:
- Be introduced to drift diving equipment - floats, lines and reels
- Get an overview of aquatic currents - causes and effects
- Practice buoyancy control, navigation, communication and methods for staying close to your buddy as you drift along
Prerequisites & Requirements
- Be at least 12 years old
- Certified Junior Open Water Diver or above
- Standard Scuba Equipment
- DSMB with a spool or line
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact AQUASUB SCUBA DIVING CENTER.
- Student Enrollment Form - All students must complete the intake form
- Liability and Risk Acknowledgement Forms - All students must complete, print and sign the questionaire and liability releases.
- Medical Questionaire - If Form 2 has ANY questions you have answered YES to, you must complete form 3 and have it signed by your personal physician
Choose your next adventure!
Many shipwrecks are often found in deeper water. That’s why the PADI Deep Diver course is a natural companion to the PADI Wreck Diver course. Sometimes you can take these two specialties concurrently.
Other training to consider is the PADI Enriched Air Diver course on your way to PADI Master Scuba Diver.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the AQUASUB SCUBA DIVING CENTER Team members.