Project AWARE - Shark Conservation Awareness
Protect and Conserve
The Project Aware: Shark Conservation Course with AQUASUB SCUBA DIVING CENTRE
Sharks are an essential part of a healthy ocean. This course explores why they are vulnerable, the importance of a healthy shark population, managing threats and how to take action to protect them.
Love sharks? Scared of sharks? Or do you just want to know more about them? Enroll in an AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty course and discover the value of sharks to marine ecosystems and economies. You'll learn more about the causes of declining shark populations and the actions you can take to become a knowledgeable and passionate shark defender. By being informed, you can dispel misconceptions and act to protect sharks. Sharks need you!
If you're a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the AWARE Shark Conservation Diver Specialty course.
What You Will Learn
At the end of your classroom session and two open water dives, you will be able to explain:
- The conservation status of sharks, why they are unique and vulnerable, and the importance of healthy shark populations.
- How to manage threats to sharks, recognize the value of sharks and remove barriers to conservation.
- Actions you can take to protect sharks and how joining a global movement of divers can help to protect sharks.
Prerequisites & Requirements
- Be at least 12 years old
- Certified Junior Open Water Diver or above
- Standard Scuba Equipment
- Slate (recommended)
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact AQUASUB SCUBA DIVING CENTER.
- Student Enrollment Form - All students must complete the intake form
- Liability and Risk Acknowledgement Forms - All students must complete, print and sign the questionaire and liability releases.
- Medical Questionaire - If Form 2 has ANY questions you have answered YES to, you must complete form 3 and have it signed by your personal physician
Choose your next adventure!