Learn to Dive in 3 Steps
The PADI Open Water Diver certification is internationally recognized. You’ll be able to go diving all over the world and take continuing education courses to further your diving. The course consists of 3 parts:
- PADI eLearning: learn online at your own convenience and pace (must be completed within 12 months of starting)
- Pool dives: join AquaSub instructors and other divers-in-training for hands-on learning in the class and in the pool (2 days)
- Open Water Dives – complete 4 check-out dives to earn your PADI Open Water Diver certification (2 days)
Get ready for your exciting new life as a scuba diver!
- During the eLearning you will watch videos and learn what this scuba thing is all about. As you go through you will watch videos and write quizzes to ensure understanding. Don’t worry, if you get a question wrong you’ll be taken back to review the information and get to re-write the quiz.
- eLearning allows you to go at your own pace. On average it takes 10-15 hrs to complete the eLearning.
- Once you’ve finished print off your e-record. You’ll need to give this to your instructor when you come for the pool dives.
- Download and complete a Medical Statement before you start. If you answer “yes” to any of the medical questions, you must see your doctor to obtain approval to start diving. If you have any questions, please call us at 905-883-3483.
- The fee for the eLearning is $138 + tax. It is charged directly by PADI and is 100% non-refundable.
- Sign up for PADI’s online eLearning course.
- Step 2 is to schedule your pool dives with an instructor and other student divers. You’ll hop in the pool to learn and practice hands-on scuba skills.
- Pool dives are done over 2 days.
September – June they are offered every second week Friday 6pm-9:30pm and Saturday 1pm-8pm.
July & August it’s every second week Saturday & Sunday 2pm-7:30pm.
- Call AquaSub at 905-883-3483 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your class and pool time with your instructor.
- Before you come to the dive shop, be sure to bring a signed hard copy of the Medical Statement you completed in Step 1. If you have any questions, please call us.
- At the end of this second step, you’ll be ready for the third and final step towards becoming a certified open water scuba diver.
- Complete 4 open water dives with your PADI instructor to earn your certification.
- These checkout dives need to be done within 12 months of your pool dives.
- Choose from 3 packages:
- Referral Diver – perfect add-on to your vacation. Do the eLearning and pool dives with us then complete the open water dives with a PADI dive centre at your destination.
- Travel Diver – earn your PADI Open Water Diver certification with AquaSub on one of our tropical dive trips year round. Do the eLearning and pool dives with us then join us on one of our group trips lead by an AquaSub instructor who will do your open water dives on the trip.
- Local Diver – complete your certification with AquaSub in a local lake anytime from June to October. Do the eLearning and pool dives with us anytime throughout the year then sign up for one of our local open water checkout weekends in the summer.