4 checkout dives for the PADI Open Water Diver course with AQUASUB SCUBA DIVING CENTRE
Time to get certified! At this point you've completed the eLearning and pool dives. All that's left to do is the 4 open water checkout dives which are done over 2 days. Below are the open water checkout dive weekends we offer locally. They are either in Tobermory or at Gullivers Lake.
What to expect in Tobermory:
- Great visibility
- You will need to drive up on Friday afternoon/evening (aprox 3.5 hrs north of Richmond Hill)
- Accommodations are needed for Friday and Saturday night (you can book a spot with us at the lodge for $150 here)
What to expect at Gullivers Lake:
- Visibility is 5-10ft
- Friendly bass fish
- Accommodations are not necessary since it's only a 1-1.5 hr drive from Richmond Hill
- If you can't make it on one of our Tobermory weekends this is your next best option for local checkout dives
If you purchased the referral package with AquaSub you will need to pay $100 to upgrade to the full package and include these open water checkout dives. If you purchased the full package, the open water checkout dives are already included. You can reserve a spot on one of the weekends below by calling the shop.
The important details...
- Equipment for open water dives: Scuba equipment can be rented for the open water dives for $150.
- Students must purchase their own mask, fins, snorkel & boots prior to the open water dives
- Transportation & accommodation are extra.
- In Tobermory we are diving in a marine park and you must purchase a park pass for $10.
- At Gullivers lake there is an entrance fee of $6/diver/day.
- If you completed the first 2 steps at another PADI facility you will need to provide us with a referral form at time of booking.
Openwater Checkouts $100.00