PADI Tec 40
This is the first step in the Tec diving chain. With this course you’ll still be diving within recreational depth ranges but you’ll extend your bottom time and implement decompression stops accelerated with different gas mixtures.
What You’ll Learn
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
What You’ll Need
• Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
• Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
• Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
• Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres / 60 feet.
• Have a medical form signed by your physician
You use recreational scuba equipment, with some minor additions to enhance your ability to deal with tec diving conditions.