- During the eLearning you will watch videos and learn what this scuba thing is all about. As you go through you will watch videos and write quizzes to ensure understanding. Don’t worry, if you get a question wrong you’ll be taken back to review the information and get to re-write the quiz.
- eLearning allows you to go at your own pace. On average it takes 10-15 hrs to complete the eLearning.
- Once you’ve finished print off your e-record. You’ll need to give this to your instructor when you come for the pool dives.
- Download and complete a Medical Statement before you start. If you answer “yes” to any of the medical questions, you must see your doctor to obtain approval to start diving. If you have any questions, please call us at 905-883-3483.
- The fee for the eLearning is 100% non-refundable.
- Sign up for PADI’s online eLearning course.
- Step 2 is to schedule your pool dives with an instructor and other student divers. You’ll hop in the pool to learn and practice hands-on scuba skills.
- Pool dives are done over 2 days.
September – June they are offered every second week Friday 6pm-9:30pm and Saturday 1pm-8pm.
July & August it’s every second week Saturday & Sunday 2pm-7:30pm.
- You can book your pool dives online by clicking on one of the upcoming dates listed here or by phone by calling 905-883-3483
- Before you come to the dive shop, be sure to bring a signed hard copy of the Medical Statement you completed in Step 1. If you have any questions, please call us.
- Once you’ve completed the eLearning and the pool dives we will provide you with a referral to take on your next trip to complete the 4 open water dives.
- During the open water dives you will perform skills that you’ll have already mastered in the pool but in an open water environment plus you’ll be diving!
- These checkout dives need to be done within 12 months of your pool dives.
- Contact a PADI dive centre at your destination to book your open water dives.
- The fee for the open water dives varies from place to place but is usually between $200-$300.
- The instructor who does your open water dives with you will process your certification.
The Fine Print:
- eLearning is 100% non-refundable and you have 12 months to complete it.
- Need to be 15yrs of age or older for the Open Water Diver certification. 10-14yr olds can earn the Jr. Open Water Diver certification. They will take the exact same course as outlined here but they will have a shallower depth limit and must dive with a parent, guardian or dive professional.
- A basic comfort level in the water is needed. You should be able to spend 10mins in the deep end without a floatation device and be able to swim 200m continuously.
- Equipment is provided for pool dives.