Rescue Diver Specialty
The PADI Rescue Diver will challenge your powers of observation, your problem solving skills, and your empathy for others.
You’ll learn to identify and prevent issues from becoming problems, and you’ll also learn the techniques for how to manage problems, if they occur.
The Rescue Diver course consists of 3 parts:
- Pre-study with your manual and DVD or eLearning
- pool training – 1 day – offered year round every second month
- open water training – 1 day – can be done on one of our group trips, locally May – October or by referral on your next vacation
Full Course fee: $299 includes pool and open water training session
Referral course is $199 includes pool only
For either course you will need your manual & DVD $130
taxes and equipment are not included in the above prices
What You’ll Need
To start your PADI Rescue Diver specialty course, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification or equivalent certification from another recognized scuba diver training organization
- Be 15 years or older (12 for Jr. Rescue Diver)
- Trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years (if not, sign up for the Emergency First Responder course).
In addition to your scuba equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, BCD, regulator, tank, weights and exposure suit), you will also need a CPR pocket mask.
Upcoming Rescue Classes
Do the Rescue Diver certification on one of these trips: